The sixth season of Game of Thrones has just ended and we are all sad thinking about our 1-year wait for the next one.
*** WARNING – SPOILERS FROM SEASON 6 FINALE ***
But in the meantime we can cheer-up ourselves remembering and re-watching the last two epic episodes, where we saw – among battles and blood – the irresistible growth of the Queens of Westeros: from the Mother of Dragons to the red-haired queen in the north, from the iron-borns’ heir to the girl who is no-one and without forgetting the awesome Lady Mormont and the cruel Cersei, this season has seen the rise of many Queens.
But our favorite heroines do not only rule Westeros, they are also among the top stars on Instagram and we can very well enjoy their company in this long wait until season 7. So, without further ado, here’s the whole crew of Game of Thrones queens that you can follow on Instagram
1. Mother of Dragons, Khaleesi – Daenerys Targaryen – Emilia Clarke
I know, I should recite all her names but I believe you know who she is.
2. Queen in the North – Sansa Stark – Sophie Turner
We all kinda shamed her for her poor choices in the past, but she finally seems to have grown a pair. I for one would have preferred to see her acclaimed by the north clans, instead of John Snow/Targaryen (what about out that!!!!!)
3. Arya “no-one” Stark – Maisie Williams
Our brand-new faceless assassin already got her first victim. And a pie to go with it.
4. The only remaining virile Iron-Born – Yara Greyjoy – Gemma Whelan
She gave to the Khaleesi her long-desired ships and she wants her throne back. This is a woman who got some balls (compared to her brother at least)
5. The little big warrior Lady Lyanna Mormont – Bella Ramsey
There are some that say that if she was the one with three dragons she’d have already conquered Westeros and defeated the white walkers, probably a couple of seasons ago. Don’t know about that, but she’s definitely the fiercest character of this season.
6. The one sitting on the Iron Throne, Cersei Lannister – Lena Headey
Well, we all knew she wasn’t gonna let it pass, but we can definitely say her reaction was a bit explosive. Plus I’d have kept a couple of barrels for those ships in the sea.
7. The Dorne queen and princesses:
They killed a bunch of men to get where they are and they don’t seem to have any intention of keeping the war up.
Ellaria Sand – The new ruler of Dorne : Indira Varma
Obara Sand – the eldest : Keisha Castle-Hughes
Nymeria Sand – the deadly whip : Jessica Henwick
Tyene Sand – the most beautiful woman in Westeros : Rosabella Laurenti Sellers
8. Our favorite grandma, the last Tyrell standing – Lady Olenna Diana Rigg
Definitely not a Cersei’s fan before, probably the person who hates her the most now that she killed all her family.
9. The queen we will all miss – Margaery Tyrell – Natalie Dormer
We are definitely going to miss Margaery. She was the most brilliant one until the end.
10. The loyal one – Brienne of Tarth – Gwendoline Christie
Was she still in the boat while the others were being massacred? Or was she with Sansa waiting for the Knights of the Vale? I missed her in the battle anyway.
11. From slave to Queen’s counselor – Missandei – Nathalie Emmanuel
She has the cutest love story!
12. The hated/loved witch – Melisandre – Carice van Houten
Yes, you got us John back, but can we forgive you entirely? And PLEASE KEEP THE NECKLACE ON!